Who we are
Jo Menon and Lyndsay Curry are responsible for the data that is collected through the website and the business.
This policy outlines what data we collect and how we collect and use it. It also explains how you can update, manage and delete the data we hold about you.
Data Protection Principles
We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We gather the minimal amount of data required for processing and do not store it any longer than needed. We do our best to ensure the accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of your data is maintained.
How we gather information
Information we hold comes from you automatically when you:
- Visit our website – this includes information that is automatically stored by cookies, e.g your IP address. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection
Information you give us intentionally:
- This includes your name, email address and telephone number – information that is necessary for us to register you on our workshops
- As a follow up to our workshops, we will request optional feedback and ask whether or not you would like to stay in touch with us following the event you attended
Information from third parties:
- We do not gather data from third parties.
The types of information that we hold
- Personal contact details
- Internet address (IP addresses are collected in our webserver log files)
- Materials we have produced for you
- Digital correspondence with us
Sharing your information
We use your personal data to:
- Provide our service to you, primarily for billing and administration purposes
- Identify you
- Ways we may contact you include; email, telephone, SMS text message
- Keep you updated about services that you have subscribed to
We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other legal obligations but not longer than 7 years.
Who else can access your personal data
Your Personal Data will not be shared outside of the business including third parties or partners unless legally obliged.
We share your data with our outsourcing partner, Paypal, for payment processing only.
Your data protection rights
- Your rights are detailed in the GDPR regulations, a summary can be found on the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website https://ico.org.uk/
- You rights under the Data Protection Act 1998, can also be found on the ICO website
- To update your details or to exercise your other rights under these regulations, please provide your request in writing to the registered company address or email email@example.com. We may require you to provide proof of identification.
Protecting your data
- The data you provide us via our website is stored on the website server which is password protected
- We don’t store any financial information as all payment processing is done via Paypal
- Any materials we have produced for you is stored on our secure back up hard drive
- Your personal information may also be stored under secure cloud-based services, such as Dropbox which we will inform you of
- We invest in high-quality security to protect your privacy. No information transmission over the internet can be entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any information that you send is at your own risk. However, once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information
- Any paper copies of your personal information are stored within our premises and are kept with us or stored securely
- Laptops and mobile devices are password protected
- We cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur
Cookies and other technologies we use
There is a Cookie Consent pop up on our website where you can control your cookies at browser level.
We use GoogleAnalytics cookies to track the use and performance of our website and services https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/platform
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content such as videos, images and articles. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Events Payment & Cancellation Policy
• All payments must be made when booking the event. Payment can be made via BACS transfer or PayPal – detailed on the website or invoice. Without payment, a place cannot be confirmed or guaranteed.
• Menon Associates Ltd (trading as The Mojo Project) reserves the right to cancel events as necessary. If an event has to be cancelled, we will make every effort to reschedule to an alternative date and will inform the delegate of the alternative date. We will provide the delegate with as much notice as possible, by email or sms, given the circumstances for the date change.
• If a delegate needs to withdraw from an event a full refund will only be offered if notification is received 7 days prior to the event taking place.